The Deputy Clerk is responsible for the varied accounting duties, clerical and computer work under the direction of the City Clerk. Must be able to explain methods, procedures, and furnish information and data relating to job to employees of city, general public and vendors.
- Assist City Clerk in performance of his/her duties and to perform all the duties in his/her absence
- Prepare monthly bills for payment and prepares monthly reports
- Responsible for daily cash receipts and postings
- Assists preparing city books for annual audit
- Assists the City Clerk with filing for reimbursement on projects involving state or federal funds, sales tax, fuel tax, or other reimbursements as may be directed
- Accounting and bookkeeping functions
- Preparing monthly bills for hanger rent, municipal bills, etc.
- Issuance of licenses including, but not limited to: peddlers/solicitors, cigarette, garbage and waste haulers
- Assist public as necessary
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly reports
- Processes city payroll and employee benefits